If you’ve ever wondered how to change the blades on your Wen Benchtop Planer, wonder no more! It’s a relatively simple process that only takes a few minutes. Here’s what you’ll need: a new set of blades, an Allen wrench, and a Phillips head screwdriver.
First, remove the old blades by loosening the two screws that hold them in place with an Allen wrench. Next, take out the Phillips head screw that holds the blade guard in place and remove the guard. Now you can carefully remove the old blades and replace them with the new ones.
Be sure to tighten all screws securely before using your planer again. That’s all there is to it!
- Unplug the Wen benchtop planer from its power source
- Use a wrench to loosen and remove the blade guard screws, then lift off the blade guard
- Look for two sets of double-sided blades inside the planer head; one set is for roughing and one set is for finishing
- Use a wrench to loosen the bolts on the roughing blades and remove them from the planer head
- Set them aside
- To install the new blades, reverse the above process: first bolt on the new roughing blades, then bolt on the new finishing blades
- Make sure that both sets of blades are tightened securely before continuing
- Lower the blade guard back into place and screw it in with the wrench; make sure it is snug but do not over tighten, as this could damage or warp the guard itself
How to Change your Thickness Planer's Blades
How Do I Change the Blade on My Wen Hand Planer?
Assuming you are referring to the WEN 6552T 13-inch benchtop thickness planer:
The first thing you need to do is unplug your planer. Next, locate the blade release knob on the top of the machine.
This knob is used to loosen or tighten the blades. To remove the blades, turn the knob counterclockwise until it stops. The next step is to remove the throat plate by unscrewing the two screws that hold it in place.
With the throat plate removed, you should be able to see and access the blades. At this point, you can use a putty knife or other flat object to remove any debris or buildup that might be on the blades. Once the blades are clean, you can install your new ones by lining them up with the notches on each side ofthe blade holder assembly and gently pushing them into place.
Make sure they are fully seated before tightening down the blade release knob.
How Do You Install a New Blade on a Planer?
Installing a new blade on your planer is a fairly simple process that anyone can do with just a few tools. Here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
1. First, you’ll need to remove the old blade from your planer.
To do this, simply unscrew the retaining screws and lift the blade out of its slot. 2. Next, take your new blade and insert it into the slot, making sure that the teeth are pointing in the correct direction. 3. Once the blade is in place, screw in the retaining screws to secure it.
4. Finally, give the blade a quick spin by hand to make sure that it’s installed correctly and then you’re all set!
Are Wen Planer Blades Reversible?
Yes, Wen planer blades are reversible. You can simply flip them over to use the other side. This is a great feature because it helps extend the life of the blades and saves you money in the long run.
How Many Blades are in a Wen Planer?
A Wen planer typically has three blades. However, some models may have four or more blades. The number of blades in a Wen planer does not affect its performance.
Wen Hand Planer Blade Replacement
If your Wen hand planer blades are dull, you can replace them with new ones. Here’s how:
1. Unplug the hand planer and remove the battery.
2. Remove the screws that hold the blade cover in place. 3. Take out the old blades and insert the new ones. Make sure they’re inserted in the correct direction (the sharpened edge should be facing down).
4. Replace the blade cover and screw it back into place. 5. Reinsert the battery and plug the hand planer back in.
How to Change Blade on Wen Planer
If you have a Wen planer, chances are you will need to change the blade at some point. Here is how to do it:
1. First, unplug the planer from the power source.
2. Next, use a hex key to loosen and remove the blade guard screws. 3. With the blade guard removed, you will be able to see the blades. There are two of them, each with four teeth.
4. Use a wrench to loosen the nuts that hold the blades in place. Be sure to hold on to the other end of the wrench so that the blade doesn’t spin out of your hand when you loosen it. 5. Once both nuts are loosened, you can remove one of the old blades and replace it with a new one (be sure that the new blade is facing in the same direction as the old one).
Then, simply reverse steps 4-2 to reassemble everything.
How to Change Blades on Porter Cable Hand Planer
If your Porter Cable hand planer is starting to leave behind less than smooth surfaces, it might be time to change the blades. Here’s how to do it:
1. Unplug the hand planer and remove any debris that might be caught in the blades.
2. Use a wrench to loosen the blade bolts and remove the old blades. 3. Install the new blades, making sure they are tight before using the hand planer again. 4. Test out the new blades by running the hand planer over a piece of wood.
If everything looks good, you’re ready to get back to work!
If you have a Wen benchtop planer, you know that it’s a great tool for quickly and easily changing the blades on your benchtop planer. Here’s how to do it:
1. First, make sure that the power is off and the blade is not spinning.
2. Next, remove the old blade by loosening the screws that hold it in place. 3. Then, install the new blade by tightening the screws until they are snug. 4. Finally, turn on the power and test out the new blade to make sure it is working properly.